Overseas Drivers

Overseas Drivers

Overseas Driving License


If you’re a tourist or temporary overseas visitor, you can drive in NSW using your overseas licence for up to six months as long as you:


Remain a temporary overseas visitor


Have a current overseas licence


Have not been disqualified from driving in NSW or anywhere else


Have not had your licence suspended or cancelled, or your visiting driving privileges withdrawn


Carry your overseas driver or rider licence with you.


If your licence is not written in English, you must also carry an English translation, or an International Driving Permit. This is issued by the motoring

association or embassy of the country that you are licensed to drive in.


It is important to remember that visiting drivers can only drive vehicles which their overseas licence authorizes them to drive and they must drive according to any conditions on their overseas licence.


While driving in Australia a visiting driver must carry their overseas licence with them at all times together with either an international driving permit OR an English translation if the overseas licence is not written in English.


If your overseas licence ceases to be valid, you may be eligible to apply for an Australian licence


For more details about driving in Australia, contact us on  0491 306 336  or drop an email info@godriving.com.au

Book Now